Of course, being me, (cue music) "I did it ...MY.... way!" My jeans were a smaller girls size so I shortened the depth accordingly.
I didn't put a pocket inside, but found two of my cutest doilies for pockets on the outside. I used some drill to line them. I just traced around the doily then cut the shape with pinking shears. I lost my big post with explanation and in the spirit of this being a no brainer, I will just pop some pictures of the process and the final product.
|Tracing the doilies|
|creasing the cutting line for pocket flap|
|pockets and flaps attached then stitched wrong sides together|
|then turned right sides together and stitched again to enclose the raw edges|
|nearly finished product ( front flap is just pinned)|
|how I avoided stitching though 16 layers of denim and fabric at the top seam|
Just thought I'd add that I used my vintage Singer 201k treadle on this project and it went through the denim like butter. Until the 16 layers that is. I broke a needle, but up until that point I was still using a sz70 needle so it's to be expected. It would have happily gone through the 16 layers but just didn't really fit under the foot.