Instagram

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Quick tee surgery

Phew it was warm today! Most of my clothes were in the washing machine and I had this daggy old tee left. It was a regular v-neck with sleeves to my elbows, and felt much too hot.
So off to the sewing room, chop the sleeves short with the rotary cutter, then chop out the heavy v-neck with some ridiculously large foot long dressmakers shears (cos my scissors were elsewhere..).
First I took the tee in a few cms each side, starting at the waistband, zipping up the sides on the overlocker to the sleeve edge.
I zipped a rolled hem around with the overlocker on the raw edges on the sleeves and neck and put 2 rows of shirring around the neckline.
I actually don't mind this tee now. I can see lots of tee surgery in my future..

(Hmm, better clean that mirror.. just keeping it "real". ;) )

And of course, that then left me with some scraps to play with! :) Rolled rose and a plait. Who knows what I will use them on if anything, but a good technique practice. The rose was from one cut off sleeve piece, cut into one continuous strip.

Meanwhile I have also been making 5 petaled flowers from more scraps. there's also a button cluster awaiting a clip backing. I had some broccoli boxes hanging aroundand found the foam lids perfect to pin the flowers onto to keep everything tidy and stop them being crushed.

And the scrappy flower blooms are increasing.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful H! I love a good Recon! Oh, and your scissors must be with my metal ruler...

    ReplyDelete